Hellooooo! It is time to unbox yet another Degustabox. I’m glad that I’ve finally caught up with them and won’t be posting the august one in September. Feels right to do it now.
This box was only delivered to me yesterday and I’ve done my absolute best to try as many of the things from this box as humanly possible. So yes, I’m feeling a bit sick from all the sweets but it was worth it. Anyway, let’s get staaaarteeeed.
Edit: It has actually been a week since I started this post, but I’m still hoping to get it uploaded in August!
- Seabrook crisps, £1 for a pack of 6. They’re gluten free, vegetarian friendly and crinkle cut. The flavours in there were Sea Salted, Sea Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion. I’d say they’re somewhat milder in flavour than some other crisps, but overall quite nice. I personally enjoyed the cheese & onion ones the most.
- Maggi Fusian Noodles, £1.39 per pack. There were two packs – one of the flavours was Sticky Hoisin Duck and the other Fiery Sweet Chilli. I had the sweet chilli one and I must say that I think I would’ve liked it more if I hadn’t added the little veggie pouch to it (it comes with 3 seasoning pouches – oil, veggies and spices).
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Big Taste Toffee Whole Nut, £0.65. I don’t know what to say about this. It’s a chocolate with toffee and nuts. That’s about it, really.
- Cadbury Curlywurly Squirlies, £1.99. Even though I don’t like chocolate, I liked these squirly things. The caramel filling was really nice. Also, I think they’d be brilliant for Halloween sweets table as they look like worms.
- Bahlsen PiCK UP! Black ‘N White, £1.69. It’s a white chocolate bar sandwiched between two chocolate biscuits. If you like chocolate then you’ll like this.
- Twisted Halo – Coconut Water, Ginger & Vodka, £1.50. If you enjoy a little drink every now and then but don’t want to be drinking your calories then this could be an option for you. It contains only natural flavours and no added sugar or sweeteners.
- Orangina Limited Edition Summer Bottles, £1.20 per bottle. I haven’t actually tried these yet for some reason, they’re still in my fridge waiting to be opened. I do know that one of the bottles I got is a lighter version of the Original and that they’re supposed to be lightly sparkly and with real citrus pulp.
- Jelly Squeeze, £0.69 per pack. There were two flavours – Orange and Apple & Blackcurrant. I REALLY liked the orange one and it was quite fun to have jelly from this kind of packaging. I wasn’t too keen on the other flavour, it was a bit too sweet for me.
- Light Bites Popped Chips, £0.99 per pack. Again there were two flavours – Sweet & Smoky Chipotle and Pesto & Sundried Tomato. I liked the pesto ones but wasn’t too keen on the other flavour.
- Refreshers Softies, £1.00. Very fizzy! I liked them quite a lot. Very fruity as well.
- Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, £1.69. If it had to be mayonnaise, I’m glad it was Hellmann’s. Great for a food cupboard top up.
- Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce, £1.89. Again a great top up for the food cupboard!
That’s it! There were also two recipes to use with the ingredients from the box, one of them a cocktail recipe (Gin Gina) and the other a BBQ one (Grilled Korean Short Ribs with Salsa Verde). Let me know if you’re interested in the recipes, I’d be happy to share them.
Overall a great box. I love seeing healthier options with the slightly naughtier ones. I feel like there’s a great balance.
Also, I made a grave error of going to open a box full of edible goodies with an empty stomach. I had to use every last bit of restraint that I had to get these pictures before I dug in.
All in all I’m really looking forward to the next one!