Hello everyone! About a week ago I got my November Lookfantastic box – Ready, Set, Glam – and even though I’ve been really itching to shout it from the rooftops, I’ve been holding back to actually give these products a go, so I can share my opinion on them.
As always, the box design is absolutely gorgeous and the products in it are even better. You get your usual copy of Elle magazine, Lookfantastic’s little booklet and 6 products! P.S. As I couldn’t choose a favourite this time I decided to try a bit of a different layout for this post. Let me know if you prefer this or my usual one – a picture of a single item followed by information about that product + review.
- Filorga – Time-filler Eye Cream (7ml). I have actually been using this on my forehead to see if it does anything to my (admittedly rather fine and shallow) frown lines (I frown when I’m concentrating without even realising I’m doing it until I un-frown and feel the tension go). I don’t know if it’s the cream or I’ve just been less focused (and therefore frowning less) but they do seem to have shrunk to pretty much nothingness. Also, even though the sample size seems quite small, a tiny bit goes a long way as it’s really rich and glides on very well.
- This Works – Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (5ml). You all know I’m a huge fan of everything from This Works and I’ve actually tried this spray before when I got it from a different beauty box. It’s a blend of lavender, chamomile and vetivert that’s been clinically proven to improve your sleep quality. It does work for me and I think that’s the only thing I wish I’d received in a bigger size in this box because I really love it and I know it’ll be gone very soon.
- Murad – Essential-C Day Moisturise SPF30 (10ml). That’s a little tub of daily face cream to shield you from UV damage and pollution. It’s got quite a neutral scent which I actually like in this case and it leaves my face hydrated for the day. It’s quite rich so perfect for colder weather. I quite like the added SPF protection too as I’m not very good at using SPF creams on my face. Something I intend to improve upon!
- Bellapierre Cosmetics – Kiss Proof Lip Creme in Red (3.8g). There are three assorted colours that you could get in the box – red, rosy or nude. I am so pleased that I got the red one as lighter lipstick tones can leave me looking quite washed out. It took a tiniest bit of effort to apply as it kept wanting to be slightly streaky but when I’d built it up to the red it’s supposed to be – oh my wow! It’s such a gorgeous matte deep red and it actually did not budge or smudge! I am REALLY impressed with this. Plus it’s such a generous size so it’s sure to see you through this winter.
- Pixi Beauty – Glow Booster in White Pearl (12ml). It’s a beautiful face illuminator with slightly pinkish undertones. You can use this as a subtle highlighter or mix it with your foundation for a full on glow. It’s easily blendable (even I managed it, so that’s saying something) and the sample should last quite a long time.
- Teeez Cosmetics – Spectrum Of Stars Eyeshadow in Sea Glare (2g). This little eyeshadow comes in a beautiful golden pot and there’s assorted colours you could get in your box. I got the Sea Glare and love it. The colour and formula (enriched with Argan Oil) are so different from what I’m used to seeing and using. It gives an amazing sea green pearlescent metallic effect that I didn’t even know I wanted to achieve until I tried this. It can either be applied quite lightly for a subtle effect or built up for a more dramatic look. Love it!
I am soooooo happy with this box. For me it was the perfect mixture of makeup and skincare, old favourites and new finds, samples and full sized products. I think they captured the theme of this month’s box perfectly and am super excited to see what we get for Christmas!