Hi everyone! I decided to take part in the 28 day blogging challenge extravaganza. (No idea if such a thing exists, but I’m doing it in any case.) This means that every day I’m going to post a little something and I must say I’m quite excited. I’ve never done a post a day kind of thing before so we’ll see how it goes. Anyway, I’ll get to it!
10 Things That Make Me Happy
- My family – near or far, it doesn’t matter. Knowing that they’re there and that I’m there for them is what matters. Spending time with them in person or using our various communication channels, anything goes towards keeping me sane(ish) and happy.
- Pandas – I mean, obviously. How could they not? (Yes, this delayed my writing for about 30 minutes whilst I was looking at funny panda gifs)
- Change – That’s a bit of a tricky one and could really do with me being a bit more specific. I’ll try. I love it when I’m in control of the change(s) or when the change is happening to me (new hairstyle/colour is always amazing and gets me skipping with joy). If it’s changes to something that I already love then it could go either way.
- Polar bears – See nr 2 & 6
- Red pandas – They’re my spirit animals.
- Snow – Growing up I always took snow for granted and now that I haven’t had proper snow around me for a few years, I miss it more and more. I never thought that would be something that I’d miss like that, but when we actually had snow for one day in the middle of January, I was skipping with happiness.
- Books – This list is in no particular order by the way. But yes, books definitely make me happy. I love reading, discovering new worlds, magics and living the stories with the characters.
- Finishing projects – You know how hard it is for me to see something through, so I guess it comes as no surprise that I’m over the moon and oh so happy every time I do finish a project I’ve started.
- Surprises – (Good ones.) My husband is especially skilled at that. Whether it’s breakfast in bed or bringing me flowers, without fail it makes me feel like I’m floating in happyland. Actually, surprising others makes me really happy as well. I love giving gifts and I like to think that I’m quite good at finding the perfect present for everyone. (All these hours of wistful online shopping/browsing are finally paying off!)
There you go, there’s 10 things (out of verrrrrrrry many) that make me happy. What makes you happy or cheers you up every time you’re feeling down? I’d love to know if any of them are on my list as well!
Next post: Day 2 – Something that someone told me about me that I never forgot.
See you tomorrow!