Hi everyone! Hope you’re all well, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing.
Now, I do realise that it’s February and if I conformed to the ‘rules of time’, I’d have made this post about a month ago. However, I didn’t feel like I was quite ready to let go yet. So when I had some time last night to lie in bed and wait for sleep to come, I decided to have a good think about last year and perhaps come to some conclusion about it.
Referring back to my first post last year, I went through a few of my goals to see how far I got with them. Here are the results.
- Have a massive clear-out. Yeah, that didn’t happen. I guess I wasn’t ready to dive into all that yet. I wonder if I’ll do it this year? We’ll see.
- Read 40 books. Now that I actually did do. I ended the year at a respectable 46/40 books. Accordingly I’ve set my goal this year at 45.
- Become a yoga pro. Uhmm, so, the weather is nice today. Fine! I still only made it to one actual yoga class. Even though I did do quite a bit of it at home. Far from pro, but at least I gave it a go. And I’m still kind of into it. Which is good as I may reach the pro status this year instead. Right?
I wrote another post in February last year, citing more goals I was hoping to achieve. Here’s how I did with that.
- Do more of what makes me happy. I sure did do that. In fact, the mindset of setting aside a portion of each day to do something I enjoy really helped me to get back into crafty things like crochet (which I absolutely loooooove)
- Try something new. Hmm. Does going for laser eye surgery consultation count? It had been something I’d wanted to do ever since my eyesight got bad enough that I needed glasses, but I’d always been too scared to even consider it as an option. I say it counts.
- Stop worrying about what other people think. I have gotten soooooo much better at this! Which in turn has helped me to be my (fabulous) self a lot more. An example of this – when I signed up for a gym membership, I had an introductory session with a personal trainer. Before re-jigging my brain I would’ve been way too self conscious to go through with that, but my new me slapped on her sweats and walked in there with her head held high. (And got to show off her mad rowing skills)
- Be proud of myself. I guess that from the praise I’ve been showering myself here you can see that I’ve also gotten a lot better at taking credit when I feel it’s due.
- Know how to put myself first. I have learned to say no! It’s been quite amazing, but I’ve finally actually done it. I can say no.
Looking back at my goals and how far I’ve come in a year I’m actually amazed. I knew I’d progressed a lot, but before writing it down I didn’t comprehend the full scope of it.
Well and truly amazed.
Here’s to another year of personal growth!