Hold your horses, 2020! I’m so not prepared for you! Who knew that getting the flu half way through December would throw me into complete disarray, leaving me nothing but fully discombobulated. Sure, at the time my head was so full of snot that I even managed to blissfully lie in bed and watch all the Alien vs Predator films plus the original 101 Dalmatians to boot (they used the word ‘muggle’ in it!). With no care in the world to prepare for what was to follow.
- I haven’t made any resolutions
- I haven’t written about my December Lookfantastic box
- My office is pure chaos (I don’t want to be judged so I’m not going to insert a picture but if you can imagine knee deep debris of everything important to my materialistic existence, you get the picture)
- I’m not ready for anything new
- I have no idea how I feel about 2019
- I haven’t talked about my Goodreads challenge
- I’m simply not READY!
Yes, most of these things are fairly unimportant and their only real value in that list is that they all lead to the very last point. I’m not ready yet. I want to go back to bed and have the new year start in a couple of weeks.
I’m also aware of the fact that I usually don’t care about any of it. In fact, in previous years I’ve sometimes pulled the start of the new year forward, not bothering to wait for the conventional dates and whatnot.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m not ready to let go yet. Not ready to hit the reset button.
Although maybe that’s exactly what I should do. Hit restart and forget about everything else. Pfft, if I could do that I wouldn’t have spent all morning agonising over that list.