This is a rather random and definitely not a comprehensive list, but sometimes even I need reminding of the little things that do it for me.
- Mini versions of things. For example, walking past the travel toiletries section in a supermarket always brings a smile (or a downright giggle) on my face.
- Jigsaw puzzles. If I’m ever stressed or need to unwind, that’s the surest way to do it. I’ll put on an audiobook and jiggle away.
- Candles. Instant cosiness guaranteed. And cosy people can’t be unhappy or grumpy, it’s a well known fact.
- Snow. Instant uplifting effect in the otherwise dark and gloomy winter nights.
- Trees. I guess I could expand this to all things growing out of the ground, but I have a special place in my heart for trees. Connection on a spiritual level, some might say. Am I a bit of a loon? Sure. Am I a loon because I enjoy walks through the woods or climbing up a tree with a book and staying there for hours? No, I don’t think so.
- Bunnies wearing hats. Who wouldn’t be cheered up by this? I have a picture of it that I cut out from an old calendar and now keep on my wall for those emergencies where I don’t have time to do a jigsaw and there is no snow, but I need instant uplift for my mood.
- Mischief & Chaser. Our cat and dog. Spend some time cuddling either of them and poof, the world is a better place already.
As I said, these are only a few items from a very long list, but boy does it feel good to have it written out like that. I may print it out actually and stick it on a wall or something.
For emergencies, you know.